Saturday 15th September 2018, Turin will be talking French! At the Alliance Française of Turin is scheduled an open day: a full day speaking French in order to discover all the activities of Alliance, from courses of teaching and certifications in French for adults, children and teenagers, to cultural events, proposed in collaboration with different organizations: from big institutions to little associations. The open house day , which will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. in Via Saluzzo 60, offers a rich program of free entry activities for people of all ages. During the day there will also be the opening of the exhibition Asterix et La Transitalique, on the creation and realization of the last comics album of the series created by lbert Uderzo and René Goscinny, about a travel to Italy.
Program of the day
9.00 – 17.00: meeting with educational heads for free French level tests, personalized advice and guidance on the wide range of French courses and ateliers for adults, children and teenagers and enrolment with the promotion Riciclo&Risparmio
10.00 – 12.00: workshop for people of all ages with the illustrator Cecilia Campironi: A chaque pied sa chaussure/every foot should meet its shoe based on the book of the same title published by Editions Cambourakis: it is a funny role game in which every participant can tell their own story through the invention of a pair of shoes. This is also a playful occasion to get children and adults closer to the French language through creativity.
10.30 – 11.30 e 15.30 – 16.30: free trial French class, beginner level. The first 20 people enrolled in the A1 course will be given one textbook for free.
17.00: presentation of the program of the cultural activities and collaborations for next autumn about art, theatre, literature, town planning and sustainability with the attendance of:
- Franca Bruera, Dipartimento di Studi Umanistici (department of classical studies) at the Università di Torino, for the presentation of the events organised for the centenary of the death of Guillaume Apollinaire: an international conference, an exhibition at the GAM, a show at the Teatro Gobetti / Teatro Stabile di Torino;
- Valter Malosti, director of the TPE – Teatro Piemonte Europa, for the presentation of the activities of the Season TPE 18.19 at Teatro Astra and in particular French shows and projects linked to them, developed from the collaboration with Alliance Française of Turin.
- Benoît Monginot, Institut Français Italia, for the presentation of the events of the project La natura in città by Urban Center Metropolitano: meetings with French landscape architects and town planners and philosophical follow-ups to study the relationship between nature and cities.
- Marco Ferrero, FuoriLuogo Asti, for the presentation of the scheduled events with French authors and activities in collaboration with Alliance Française of Turin.
100 years after the death of Apollinaire
9th November 1918 the French great poet, playwright and writer Apollinaire died. The Alliance, together with the Dipartimento di Studi Umanistici of the University of Turin, the “Centre for Modern European Literature” of the Kent University (UK), and the department of “Lettres modernes” of the Paris Nanterre University, organises some initiatives to illustrate the experiences of the first historic avant-gardes in Paris during the First World War.
There will be three events:
- An international conference at the Rettorato dell’Università degli Studi di Torino with the title Métamorphoses d’Apollinaire- Metamorfosi di Apollinaire. The academic rendezvous, which will take place Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd October 2018 in the Sala Principe d’Acaja del Rettorato, wants to analyse and compare how the work of Apollinaire was accepted during his life and in the decades that followed, till today. How did the pseudonymity, the faces and the masks that the poet wore encourage an acceptance made of evolution, continuity, breakings, metamorphosis and transformations? These questions will inspire the conference Métamorphoses d’Apollinaire – Metamorfosi di Apollinaire, which will involve scholars from national and international research centers. The person to refer to about the event is Franca Bruera of the Dipartimento di Studi Umanistici of the Università di Torino.
- An exhibition at the GAM with the title Apollinaire e le avanguardie europee, in the Wunderkammer of the Galleria d’Arte Moderna of Turin. You can visit it from 4:30 p.m. of Monday 22nd October 2018.
- A show at the Teatro Gobetti /Teatro Stabile di Torino. The pièce, Les Mamelles de Tirésias of the playwright Apollinaire, will take place Monday 22nd October, at 7:30 p.m. at the Teatro Gobetti in Via Rossini 8. The show will be in French with Italian subtitles.