The Community Service (Servizio Civile), which includes voluntary work and active citizenship and is aimed to young people between 18 and 28, makes a new offer with the 2018 public notice, published on the website of Dipartimento della Gioventù. Among the partners and the associations which are going to receive the volunteers starting from the beginning of 2019, there is the Università degli Studi di Torino too, which wanted to develop two specific projects:
- Vivere l’inclusione: Unito for students with disability or SLD (specific learning disability)
- Ri-Uscire: university education in prison
The public notice of the national community service is available for all young people who, when submitting the application, have already turned 18 and are not above 28 years of age (28 years and 364 days old) and who:
- are Italian citizens, citizens of European Union member states or non-EU nationals, legally residing in Italy.
- Have not got a prison sentence (even though it is non-final) for more than an year for intentional crime, a prison sentence (even of minor importance) for a crime against a person or for crimes related to illegal possession, use, carrying, transportation, import or export of weapons or explosives or for crimes which involve membership or aiding and abetting to subversive, terrorist or organised crime groups.
To take part in the projects of Unito a high school certificate is needed.
An educational meeting will take place on Tuesday 18th September 2018 (2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.) in the classroom B3 of the Campus Luigi Einaudi. The university and the TESC (Tavolo Enti di Servizio Civile – Institutions of the community service) will present the projects of the Piedmontese institutions and the mode of application. In this occasion it will be possible to ask for more information about duration, commitment, reimbursement, training and schedules.
Applications to participate
You can download the attachments with the application to participate here, under the heading Allegati (at the end of the page).
The application can be submitted:
- by certified email (PEC): firstname.lastname@example.org
- by registered mail to: Università degli Studi di Torino – Servizio Civile – Via Verdi, 8 – 10124 Torino (for registered mails the postmark will be needed)
- by delivering in person to the room 407 – 4th floor – Via Po, 31_ Torino, according to the following timetables:
Mon – Wed – Fry from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Tue – Thu from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Friday 28th September: from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The application to participate, properly filled out, must be presented by Friday 28 September 2018.